Mention the War welcomes submissions of relevant work for potential publication. Please read the following guidelines before submitting
- Authors must hold the full copyright for the work submitted.
- The primary topic of any work submitted should be linked to military aviation history. Squadron histories, aircrew recollections and
operational records are particularly welcomed. MTW also seeks accounts of Luftwaffe flak and night fighter units and their crews.
- MTW will consider each work on its merits, including those previously published but no longer available.
- Works should preferably be unpublished, but MTW will also consider works that have previously been published privately by the
- Works that have been published previously will be considered as long as they are not to an existing agreement with another
- Photographs and images submitted must be free of copyright, or the author must have the right to publish them. Sources should be
stated. It might be helpful to note that all British official photographs dating from the Second World War period are free of copyright under Open Government Licence v 2.0, and are acceptable if
attributed as 'Crown Copyright'.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in Word (.docx) format. The preferred page layouts are either 9 inches
(H) x 6 inches (W) or 8 1/2 inches (H) x 11 inches (W), main text font Times New Roman 11pt.
- There is no limit to the length of the work; however, only completed works will be considered.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to email@example.com